Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Ouch

I pulled a tendon in my foot yesterday. I've got a high pain tolerance, but this just dang hurts! When you do most of your work standing, this is not an optimal condition.
So, off my feet today mostly. I've got a busy weekend ahead, and fortunately, I can do a lot of the prep work sitting down (gumpaste bows, fondant shells, making umpteen "to do" lists). But, come Thursday and Friday, I've got a great deal of baking, baking, and baking to do. And some decorating. And then delivering. Thank goodness for coffee!

I've started booking for 2008 already; this has helped a great deal with my ideas for the future of the business. It doesn't seem like too long ago when I decided to bring a decorated cake to the bridal show in Southport instead of just my truffles and chocolate wedding favors. And so it began...

And last but not least...

Happy birthday to my wonderful husband Jack!

He has requested a giant Double Stuf Oreo cookie to celebrate. And how do you make a giant cookie? With smaller cookies and buttercream! (He told me not to bake!)

I'm feeling a little adventurous, too...need to tweak the flavor menu a bit. Any requests?

No comments: